Monday, August 4, 2014

Fun with STATS videos!

In perusing YouTube in hopes of finding helpful clips for a statistics course that I’m putting together for work, or just a late night search for fun and entertaining videos about math and/or statistics, I have a couple videos that I’d like to share [hopefully for your enjoyment].  
For you non-math/stat people, I hope that this may shed some light on the idea that we can be fun and silly - not boring and serious like math people are often assumed to be.  Our career, for many of us, is a culture and yes, we [I’ll speak for myself] enjoy related jokes and humor.  (See pic below)

s.gif
For the people reading that are involved in math-related careers, hopefully you will appreciate these videos, too.

1) The Statistics Song - Fun with song writing about introductory statistics!  It brings a smile to my face when I see students making videos (having fun) for their classes.


2) Through the eyes of a Statistician.  Now...as a Statistician I will mention that I never noticed this kind of thing before seeing this video but now I see normal curves everywhere!  It makes it interesting to think of basic day-to-day things in terms of a distribution (door handles!)


3) Statistician’s Blues - A great song spoof on statistics - and a peak into the misuse of and incorrect interpretations of statistics and data.  Still funny.



Lastly - to share our introductory promo video just released on YouTube! Note it’s sadly not a humorous one…. just a small clip to help you understand our motivation for notAprodigy.

No comments:

Post a Comment